Friday, May 28, 2010

The Power Of Letting Go


A few years ago I took a poetry class. I had never really written poetry before, but felt it was something I wanted to learn more about. I found that poetry is something I really enjoy as a hobby and love the idea of illustrating poetry I have written with my artwork.

Here's a poem I wrote called "Healing"
I’ve been thinking lately
about alchemy;
the art of
transforming
base metal into gold.

How to alter my chemistry
to find the right remedy?
Isolate
properties,
then reconnect the whole.

A caterpillar must liquefy
before becoming a butterfly.
Surrendering
completely,
so change can occur.

Perhaps just by letting go,
I may find wings will grow.
Emerging
triumphant,
more beautiful than before

- A.S.

And here is the collage illustration that was born out of this poem. This work is titled "The Power of Letting Go"


A giclee print of this collage is available for sale on my etsy shop "The Power Of Letting Go"

xxoo Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment