Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where I am

When looking back, where I was living at the time completely shapes the memories I have of different periods in my life.

The 2 story Colonial where I grew up in Lawrenceville, NJ is front and center of my childhood memories.




Me and my brother circa 1974 at our home in Lawrenceville, NJ



My recollections of college are largely defined by a dilapidated off campus house that was sliding down a hill.

And I will always fondly recall the rented carriage house (formerly "servants quarters") with the huge deck where my husband proposed almost exactly 11 years ago.

For the last 8 years I have been living in a 1950's ranch house in Suburban Philadelphia. I have some wonderful memories here, and some difficult ones too. But it is time to move on and create new memories. We have decided to put our house on the market and move into townhome a little further West of the city.



Although we don't know exactly where we will be living yet, I am really excited to start a new chapter in my life!

xxoo Abby

4 comments:

  1. Change can sometimes be very exciting. Enjoy your new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be an exciting adventure! I hope you find the right place to call your new home. I still have dreams about the house I grew up in. Bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck-I hope you find a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good wishes!

    xxoo
    Abby

    ReplyDelete