Friday, June 25, 2010

Butterflies and Dragonflies



My newest collage is called Butterflies and Dragonflies/Free at Last. This piece was made on a warm summer day, and was, in part, inspired by the love I have for this time of year. I have always loved the heat and the stillness of summer. And what could be more delightful than wandering through a field of butterflies!

There is also a deeper meaning to this piece, which I feel reflects where I am on my journey as an artist and also in my life. A lot of my earlier artwork reflects searching: for meaning, for balance, for acceptance, and for integration. This collage represents the idea of a more complete transformation: the ability to let go of the past and live in the present moment. Like a butterfly released from it's cocoon: free at last!

2 comments:

  1. That is very pretty and so colourful.

    Have a wonderful weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! love the birds too!

    ReplyDelete