Monday, August 30, 2010

On Selling Out ( Or Not ...)

Actually, I don't think it would be possible for me to "sell out" - I have found that if I make a piece that doesn't have some meaning to it (at least for me) I am very unhappy with it. However, I do want to be successful!



I recently completed 2 new original mixed media collages (pictured above) called "Birds As Souls" and "Woodland Creatures." Prior to making them, I tried to follow some of the trends for fall I had read about in Etsy's September Merchandising Report. Some topics I tried to keep in mind were: woodland creatures, natural colors/earth tones, muted greens, mustard, and cranberry. I am pretty happy with the finished results. The bird silhouette featured is a Hermit Thrush.

Also, as Etsy is always encouraging their sellers to take interesting photos, I captured my new collages sitting on top of a pile of rocks! Although I was skeptical, I think the photos look pretty good! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment