Monday, December 20, 2010

Introducing... My Art Assistant Carmela

I would like you to meet my new art assistant, Carmela. I wasn't even looking to fill such a position at this point in my career, but she just won't take no for an answer!

She's definitely a self starter. For example, here she is warming up my paper, and I didn't even ask her!


She also decided to take inventory of my art supplies one day, all on her own.


Sometimes I have to put my foot down. Over the weekend she tried to convince me that large canvases were a good place to lean up against to take a bath, so we agreed to disagree. She works for free though, so I can't really fire her :)

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I never know how she'll decide to "help" me next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely! And it looks as though she will definitely keep you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I've got the same little "helpers." They think it's beneficial to my creative process when they eat my beads and twine...

    - Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!
    Yes, I have found cats to be very helpful and you are right - they just won't take no for an answer. That basket looks like it would make a mighty fine little bed for a cat - for when she needs a break from all that helping:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She takes her work as my art assistant very seriously. Her other jobs including waking myself and my husband up at 5 am (this is a new position) and sitting on my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way too funny...I have TWO of those kinds of assisants and THREE others that like to "help" lol its all good though! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carmela is glad that many of you have "assistants" as dedicated as she is and wishes everybody very Happy Holidays!

    She has not decided yet if she will be working on Christmas or taking the day off to celebrate and sit next to the heating vent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww!!! what a sweetie!

    My kitty does the same thing with paper, I second I set it down he runs over and lies down on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute. My cats are quite the "helpers" too! I had to comment because my grandma's name was Carmella and I think it's a lovely name. I've never considered it for a cat, but it does seem to fit yours, as she's cute and crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amanda! Carmela came to us from a shelter when she was 4 years old with the name "Cuddle Cakes." Of course, Carmela insisted we change her name immediately, as she felt "Cuddle Cakes" was a very silly name! So for the past 10 years she's been Carmela, which she likes much better :)

    ReplyDelete