Monday, July 11, 2011

What I did last Sunday...


Maybe other readers are familiar with this phenomena. When going on vacation, I always make sure to take full advantage of all the sights and opportunities available. But living near a major metropolis - Philadelphia, I am definitely delinquent in taking advantage of all the cultural opportunities in my area.


Philadelphia Museum of Art (sorry no Rocky steps, we went in the back!)

So, yesterday afternoon I suggested my husband and I take a trip to The Philadelphia Museum of Art (about a 15 - 20 minute drive away.) I hadn't been to the museum in years. And guess what - it was great! Some of the exhibits I remembered well. Others I found a new appreciation for since becoming an "artist" myself. I left feeling inspired and rejuvenated.

One of the many outdoor sculptures


Monet's The Japanese Footbridge and the Water Lily Pool, Giverny- always amazing to see famous art in person!

early 20th century Japanese Tea Garden (yes, that is *inside* the museum!)


If you visit with a member of the male species, you *will* have to see the armour exhibit!

Now my husband and I are planning which local museums to visit next!

4 comments:

  1. It's been a long time, but I remember really loving this museum when I went. I totally don't remember the Tea Garden, though. I would have loved that. And being an armourer, I love the armour exhibit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Athena - Yes, it really is a great museum! I love the tea garden - it's something you kind of stumble upon while wandering around, def one of my favorite parts of the museum. That's cool you make Armour- I can imagine you have great appreciation for the Armour exhibit :) Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Philly in a long, long, time. Love the Museum and the rich history of the City!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Maggie - it's definitely worth the trip! I think Philly has changed a lot(for the better!)in the last 10 years or so - def a lot to see and do :)

    ReplyDelete