Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Single Blank Canvas...or 11 of them

"The term "blank canvas" can refer to a number of different things, both literal and metaphorical. However, all meanings have in common the idea of an empty starting point"


So, one of the major lessons I have learned after discovering myself as an artist 5 years ago is that  at some point you have to stop buying art supplies and actually make something. There, I said it!




I bought these little canvases last fall. Since I had spent most of the previous year working on a very large scale, I thought it would be fun to collage on small canvases. Some of them are wood, which I've never used as a base before. My plan is to rephotograph the above configuration when they are all done. It will be interesting to see what happens! 

6 comments:

  1. I have some tiny canvases like those, too! I got them at JoAnn about a month ago and I'm so excited to use them. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'm thinking tiny but impactful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to paint, but those blank canvases scare me. So I just buy different size canvases when they are on sale and store them till I have the nerve. I can't wait to see what you do with those little canvases!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie
      I'm still not sure what I'm going to make either - well see what happens!

      Delete
  4. working on a small scale sounds like fun to me. I usually make art for myself in my art journal. Your art has inspired me. Thanks! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deb - I'm touched you find my art inspiring. I love art journaling too, but I haven't done it in a while...

      Delete