Friday, July 13, 2012

Illustration Friday - Lost




Recovering What Was Lost Paper Collage  © Abby Sernoff 2012 


The topic for this weeks Illustration Friday is "Lost" My entry has a little bit of a spin on this theme - this collage is actually titled Recovering What Was Lost. This was one of the first collages I made when I began creating art  roughly 5 years ago (to read about more about how I came to start making art click here)

In animal symbology, some cultures believe the crane is a symbol for recovering what was lost. This has a deep personal meaning to me, as it was only through illness that I discovered myself to be an artist. Something that had been completely lost to me was now found.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! One of your first! You are really talented!

    http://www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you - Yes, this was the 2nd collage I ever made :)

      Delete
  2. Your work is stunning. Found you thru etsy art blogs. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I'm touched. Glad you stopped by - I'll have to check out you etsy shop :)

      Delete
  3. I love it! the colours, the textures, the grace of the bird - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by - thank you so much - I'm off to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. What a lovely style you've cultivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth - so glad you like it :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Abby, just found your blog - your birds are truly beautiful, they have so much character and personality! I love the quirky moon in this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by - thanks so much! So glad you enjoy my birdies :)

      Delete