Monday, August 27, 2012

Art Art Everywhere!

Yesterday my husband and I took all my large canvases out of storage to rephotograph them (hopefully for the last time!) We got some really nice outdoor shots with good lighting, so I'm starting to feel better about the quality of the photos. Since my last blog entry was about photographing art outside, I'm not going to post those pics, you'll just have to take my word for it!

Anyway, I did get some interesting shots of my art all over the place! I am often asked why I don't have more of my art hanging up in my home (well, by my Mom, mostly.) I do have one framed print in the bedroom that I love looking at, but mostly I keep my art stored. Maybe if we lived in a bigger house I would display more of my work, but these big canvases would be too overwhelming for me in our cozy little home. Even though I believe in my work and my talent as an artist, looking at finished pieces is a loaded experience. Since I put so much of myself into my art it is hard to appreciate my work objectively. Seriously, it sometimes takes a few years for me to be able to look at a piece of artwork I created and think "Wow, did I really make that?!" I have no idea what the process is like for other artists - perhaps that would make for an interesting future blog post!

Here is my Art Assistant Carmela supervising from afar 

Carmela supervising close up


My amazing husband Mike who did all of the 
heavy lifting and most of the photography



5 comments:

  1. I like the orange sun print you have with the bird. Very bright. That would be perfect for a hall entrance. I understand storing away work. I don't often use my bags or jewelry unless I have a certain outfit that calls for it. I'm trying to get more in the habit because.. if I sell handbags I should be able use myself as a walking advertisement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eyelah - you should definitely show off your jewelry and bags!

      Delete
  2. Your art work is amazing and inspiring. I'm with your Mom, I think you should showcase a couple of pieces of your work in you home.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww- thank Valerie! That really means a lot :) You'll be happy to learn my parents do have one of my large collages hanging up in their living room!

      Delete
  3. Holy Toledo! Look at all those paintings! That one with the brown- ochre and a little turquoise blue would look good in the hall, heck, hang a big one!

    ReplyDelete