Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Gift of Art - Celebrating my Parent's 50th Anniverary

© Abby Sernoff 2012 

My parents recently celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary! They are just amazing inspiring individuals and have been huge supporters of both me and my art.

I wanted to make them something special as a gift, so I created a collage incorporating one of their wedding photos. I never ever saw my parents wedding pictures growing up-  they were lost until a couple years ago when my Dad discovered them in the back of a desk drawer (very exciting as you can imagine!)

© Abby Sernoff 2012 

I also had a bunch of my late grandparents cards they received for their 50th wedding anniversary in 1980 (don't ask - I keep everything,) so I thought it would be neat to incorporate these cards in the collage too.



So, here it is:

© Abby Sernoff 2012 

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

7 comments:

  1. Your parents must be very happy about this piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am sure your parents love it very much.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I bet they loved it. The colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Celebrating a 50th definitely is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your parents! What a cool tribute. That must have been something when the wedding photos were rediscovered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret - yes, it was quite exciting to finally see their wedding pics!

      Delete