Thursday, December 20, 2012

Visit to Philadelphia

Happy Holidays everyone! I haven't posted much recently, but have been busy with some new projects and will be sharing them in the coming weeks.

I've been working on my gift packaging! 

Last week for my husband's birthday we spent 2 days in the city. We live in the suburbs, so the "city" is Philadelphia. We live about 20 minutes outside, and go in pretty regularly to eat out or  to see a performance. But actually staying overnight is such a different experience.We had a great time!

Besides eating our way through Philadelphia, we managed to find time to act like tourists and take in some of the sights.


View from our hotel room - the Historic Independence National Historic Park

The new Barnes Foundation


Independence Hall - birthplace of the Deceleration of Independence and The Constitution 

The Liberty Bell - I haven't seen it since I was about 5!


Have a safe and happy holiday season everyone!


3 comments:

  1. Very cool to celebrate birthdays. Margaret and I once booked a room in Philly. It was fun. Enjoy the rest of 2012 and Happy New Years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wayne - Happy New Year to you and Margaret!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an excellent birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete