Friday, January 25, 2013

Illustration Friday: Wings

Today's Illustration Friday topic is Wings - well, I just have to participate in this one!

This is a paper collage I created in 2007 titled "Acceptance/Integration." I was dealing with some very serious health issues at the time and the title of this collage refers to my search for health and healing.

Bird Art Collage Dove Acceptance/Integration © Abby Sernoff
Acceptance/Integration © Abby Sernoff 

Bird Art Collage Dove Acceptance/Integration © Abby Sernoff
Acceptance/Integration © Abby Sernoff 

                                                                                                                                     xo Abby

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the patterns on the bird, and also the entire setting, flowers, and rolling hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten how much I love collages...real and surreal at the same time. Inspirational.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janice! Yes, I love mixing the real with the unreal in my collages - it's such a limitless art in terms of what you can create :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely piece! I hope it's a short search and that you feel better really soon.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Reminds me of fields of bright yellow canola in Alberta, where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete