Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Birthday Surprises

May and June are always an extremely busy time for my family - we have Mother's day, my Mom's birthday, my Dad's birthday, my birthday and Father's day! Whew!!

Some of the fun highlights the last month or two:

I currently have 2 collages featured in the juried art show All Creatures at Beauty Gallery in Newtown Square, PA. The show runs through July 18th,  if you have a chance to stop by :)

Abby Sernoff 111 collage design
Me (in the center), my husband, and a fellow artist at the Beuaty Gallery art show opening 5/13/25
mixed media bird art collages
My 2 collages in the show Untie You Wings (above)
and Black Desert Bird/Phainopepla (below)



I received this beautiful mixed media bird sculpture from my husband  for my birthday last week by Mullanium. I am in love with all of their work - I want to collect them all!!


my birthday cardinal sculpture


it says Meow on the chest plate! 

I also received a lovely surprise birthday card from my friends over at Nutmeg Designs featuring one of their beautiful stained glass creations - thank you! As they know, I love to get mail!

Stained glass design by Margaret Almon and Wayne Stratz


And of course our new kittens Franklin and Amelia are continuing to grow - they will be 5 months old in a few days!

kittens! 


Usually things wind down after the beginning of July (my wedding anniversary!) but this year I will only be getting busier!I can't say more about what's coming up yet, but I'm very excited!

Hope you are enjoying your spring and summer xo Abby

8 comments:

  1. Love your bird sculpture that is an awesome gift!~ Glad I stumbled across your blog on etsy via the bloggin' buddies team :)

    Hope you had an amazing birthday!
    -Shannon

    -http://shantasticshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Off to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the show, that is awesome :)

    Also Happy Belated B.Day and I LOVE your B.Day prezzie very cool :)

    Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Glad you liked the card. I finally took a picture of the wonderful collage you created for me. Plan o blog about it this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wayne! And thanks again for the card :)

      Delete
  4. I feel like I meet your fellow artist in some of numerous workshops I attended in Savanna. But even if not, you all look so happy and I'm happy for you as well! Congrats and wish you luck for the art show!
    Lana - fellow blogger etsy team
    lanasartstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lana! I had just met her that day, so I'm not sure if you two met before - that would be a funny coincidence! I'm in Suburban Philadelphia if that helps :)

      Delete