Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Space of My Own: A Peek Inside My New Art Studio

Over the summer, my husband and I re-located to Furlong, PA (right outside Doylestown.) While I've lived in the general Philadelphia area for over 20 years, moving to Bucks County has been a great experience for many reasons. We love our new home, but an added bonus was that there was already an art studio set up on the lower level! Seems a bit fortuitous, right?!

View from my art studio last week

Since I inherited this space from another artist, it's taken a while to make it feel like my own. While I might make some changes in the future (like painting the walls white,) I am incredibly happy with it. 

I have plenty of natural light, storage, and tons of work space! Although I had a dedicated work space in our previous home, it was much smaller. I am definitely noticing an increase in productivity now that I can find my materials and have plenty of space to create (who would have thought?)

Here are some pics:


© Abby Sernoff art studio
Look at this counter space! 
© Abby Sernoff 111 Collage Design art studio
Lots of room for my materials


© Abby Sernoff 111 Collage Design art studio
This white table took up almost the whole room in my last studio!


© Abby Sernoff 111 Collage Design art studio
This empty frame was already on the wall when we moved in -
perfect for filling with (mostly) my art! 


© Abby Sernoff 111 Collage Design art studio
plenty of natural light! 
© Abby Sernoff 111 Collage Design art studio
space for all my art books


© Abby Sernoff 111 Collage Design art studio



© Abby Sernoff 111 Collage Design art studio


If you are affected by the "Polar Vortex," please stay warm everyone! Also, check out my FB page for a special Vortex coupon to use in my etsy shop xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I love peeks inside art studios, yours looks beautiful. I definitely need to move into a larger space, my fabric collection is taking over everything like growing ivy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I definitely recommend a larger space - it's really helpful! My paper collection seems to grow like ivy too.

      Delete
  2. well, i'm utterly jealous. Is that ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - sure! I'm still kind of amazed I have so much space!

      Delete
  3. NICE and neat! I need to do this too!
    The weather is mild and in the 40's here in PA! The sun is out...YAY!
    I am a collage instructor.
    Please look at my art blog:
    www.suemarrazzo.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thanks for stopping by! It's also sunny here - finally! Off to check out your blog : )

      Delete
  4. That is so cool that there was already studio space! The light looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with it. Of course at the moment it is a mess I have about an hour of cleaning to do tomorrow!!

      Delete
  5. LOVE IT! I wish mine was so clean...I am working on it!

    ReplyDelete